The Hive Supply is seeking seasonal workers for the 2023 Season, please see more below…
Title: Seasonal Farmers Market Worker
Location: [Location of farmers market]
We are seeking a dynamic and outgoing individual to join our team as a seasonal farmers market worker. In this role, you will represent our urban honey producer at various farmers markets, interacting with customers and promoting our products. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working with the public and has an interest in bees, honey, and sustainable agriculture.
• Setting up and tearing down a market booth
• Engaging with customers and answering questions about our products
• Assisting with sales and handling transactions
• Providing education about bees, honey, and pollinators to customers
• Maintaining a clean and organized booth
• Previous experience working in customer service or sales
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Physical ability to lift and transport market materials and equipment
• Knowledge of bees, honey, and pollinators (preferred, but not required).
• Reliable vehicle to and from assorted markets throughout Chicagoland
Duration: [Length of season]
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are interested in becoming part of The Hive Supply Team to email@example.com with Subject “Market Worker 2023”
Title: Apprentice Beekeeper
Location: [Location of Hive Supply Company]
The Hive Supply Company is seeking enthusiastic and hardworking individuals to join our team as apprentice beekeepers for the 2023 season. In this hands-on position, you will work with our team of experienced beekeepers to learn the techniques and responsibilities involved in managing and caring for honeybee colonies.
• Assisting with hive inspections and maintenance
• Harvesting honey and other hive products
• Providing education and tours to visitors about bees and the importance of pollinators
• Assisting with research projects related to bees and pollinators
• Performing other beekeeping-related duties as assigned
• A strong interest in bees and beekeeping
• Willingness to work with bees and other insects
• Physical ability to lift heavy equipment and work outside in various weather conditions
• Attention to detail and ability to follow instructions
• Good communication skills
Duration: April to September 2023
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are interested in becoming an apprentice beekeeper, please email firstname.lastname@example.org Subject “Apprentice Beekeeper”
Questions for applicants:
1 What interests you about bees and beekeeping?
2 Do you have any previous experience working with bees or other insects?
3 How do you envision yourself contributing to the team as an apprentice beekeeper?
4 Do you have any physical limitations that may impact your ability to perform the duties of this position?
5 Are you comfortable working outside in various weather conditions and handling heavy equipment?